4/21/11

My Frugal Easter: DIY Easter Grass


I've been storming with ideas and ways to save on my daughter's Easter basket this year and came up with a genius (and FREE) way of making my own Easter Grass. Now I know Easter grass isn't the most expensive thing on the shopping list, but in my life, every penny counts. So, here's my little DIY tutorial for Easter grass. Enjoy!

What you'll need:
  • Electric Paper Shredder
  • Easter-y colored Scrap Paper (I used left over scrapbook paper from a Christmas project I did- it was just the right amount!)


Insctructions:
  • Shred the paper in the paper shredder.
  • Put it in your Child's Easter basket.
  • Really. That's it.
You can see the results below. Isn't it pretty??? I love all the different colors.


This was probably the easiest craft I've ever done. And the best part? It cost me ZERO dollars! And if you ask me, I think it looks much better than that plastic grass that gets EVERYWHERE. You could probably even use this after Easter to cushion packages you mail out. See, it serves a double purpose. Love it!

So, what's your most frugal Easter idea? Share it in the comments below!


1 comments:

Rachel {BubblyNatureCreations.com} said...

love it!!!!

Post a Comment

Pages

Followers