4/20/11

Hi, My Name is Vanessa...


And I'm in debt.

About 130k in debt. And that's NOT including the mortgage.

Ouch.

It hurts when you lay it out on paper and you realize what kind of mess you got yourself in. But thankfully, I've got some stuff working on my side:

  • God-Yep, the big Guy upstairs really does care about my finances
  • Dave Ramsey- This guy is awesome. My husband & I have a budget for the very first time in our almost 6 years of marriage because of his Financial Peace University Class
  • Money Saving Queen- Her website and money saving tips keep me from performing performing mindless shopping sprees that would end up costing me tons of $$. And the best part? She teaches that frugality can be really fun. And I like the sound of that.

    So, I've decided to start this blog to help keep me accountable (and sane) during this journey to become financially free. My goal is to lay it all out on the line- my budget, my money mishaps and successes, and the ways my family are getting out of debt.


    I want you right along there with me- for encouragement, for guidance and sometimes for a swift kick in the you-know-what. I know I'll need it, and I hope my journey will help you and bless you as well.

    I've already got big plans for what I'm going to be posting and I am super-excited to share them with you. So, hop on and let's go for a ride. :)

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Pages

    Followers